Disclaimer Regarding Legal Advice. Company is a provider of legal and/or attorney services in Ohio and Florida. Any materials available on this Website is for information purposes only, does not constitute legal advice particular to your circumstances, and is not intended as a substitute for legal counsel. If you have questions regarding a specific situation, you should seek the advice of a licensed attorney before taking action. If you rely upon any information provided on the Website is at your own risk. Neither Legacy Law Firm, LLC nor any of its personnel assume liability or responsibility for damage or injury to person or property arising from use of any service, information, or Content contained on this Website.
Use of the “Contact Form.” Submitting a request to have an attorney contact you, whether through the contact form, a phone call, email or similar mechanism does not create an attorney/client relationship. An attorney/client relationship is only established after having a consultation with an attorney and a written Engagement Agreement is signed. Regardless of whether or not you formally retain Company’s services, any information received by Company is confidential and will not be disclosed.
In the United States. The Site(s) are subject to U.S. state and federal law. If you are accessing our Sites from other jurisdictions, please be advised that you are transferring your personal information to us in the United States, and by using our Sites, you are agreeing to that transfer and use of your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. You also agree to abide to the applicable laws of the State of Ohio and U.S. federal law concerning your use of the Sites and your agreements with us.
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company gathers personal information from users of the Sites. When you browse our Sites, subscribe to our services or contact us through various social or web forms you are voluntarily sharing personal information with us. This personal information also includes various data that we collect automatically. This may be the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the Sites the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Sites. It may also include various technical aspects of user’s computer or browser and users browsing habits that are collected through cookies. Company may analyze various mentioned personal information gathered from or about users to help Company better understand how the Sites are used and how to make them better. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Company is able to better design the Sites to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, Company may also release the anonymized information gathered from the users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Sites.
Company reserves the right to transfer all information in its possession to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of Company’s assets. Other than to the extent ordered by a bankruptcy or other court, the use and disclosure of all transferred information will be subject to this Privacy Notice, or to a new privacy notice if you are given notice of that new privacy notice and are given an opportunity to affirmatively opt-out of it.
What Information is Collected and Used. You are not required to provide any personal identifiers (e.g., name, phone, email address) in utilizing our Website. The categories of personal information or potentially personally identifying information we or our service providers may collect and use the following categories of information:
- IP address, device used, referring domain, geographic location, or other network activity, such as information concerning your interaction with the site
- Consumers who fill out a contact form will also provide name, phone number, email address, and other information.
- Consumers who call Company may have their name and phone number captured.
Company may collect identifiers and personal information from you if you provide personal data voluntarily through our Website or by email. Company requires personal identifiers (such as your name, address, or e-mail address) and personal information to respond to requests for information or consultations.
Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, gather broad demographic information, and administer our Website. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Website, and to communicate with you after you have sent us emails
Third Party Access. We also allow access to information we collect by third party service providers that provide us with services, such as technical maintenance or search software, but only for the purpose of and to the extent necessary to provide those services. There also may be occasion when we are legally required to provide access to our database or other information repositories in order to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings. In those instances, the information is provided only for that purpose. While your individual personally identifiable information is protected as outlined above, we reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our Website visitors as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Sites, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The personal information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any personal information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
Security. We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your personal information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all personal information on the Sites as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password and computer/mobile device access confidential.
Children’s privacy. Our Services generally provide legal information and, as such, our Services are intended for individuals over eighteen (18) years of age. We do not target children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18).
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information through the Sites represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that personal information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Sites, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this personal information to be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has transferred personal information to the Sites, please contact Company using our contact personal information below to have that child’s personal information deleted.
Your rights. In certain circumstances, local data protection laws (such as the GDPR) may give you rights with respect to personal information if you are located in or are a resident of that country, state, or territory (including if you are located in the EU/EEA). As discussed above, we have also prepared a Supplemental Privacy Statement for California Consumers under CCPA (“California Statement”) in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Please review our California Statement below for more information.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO HONOR RIGHTS TO THE EXTENT THAT THESE RIGHTS HAVE BEEN GRANTED TO YOU AND APPLY TO YOU UNDER APPLICABLE DATA PROTECTION LAWS. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHEN ACCESS TO THESE RIGHTS ARE LIMITED.
Your rights differ based upon local data protection laws in your country, state, or territory, but these rights may include one or more of the following:
- Access to Personal Information. You may have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process your personal information and, if so, you may have the right to request access to your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you.
- You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Erasure/Deletion. You may have the right to require us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning you.
- Restriction of Processing. You may have the right to require us to restrict the further processing your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information by us, and we may be required to no longer process some or all of your personal information.
- Data Portability. You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
- Right to Complain. You may have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulator if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. For example, if you are located in the EU/EEA, a list of and more information about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. We encourage you to first or also reach out to us at [email protected], so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
- If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permit you the right to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information about you by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- If you are a Nevada resident, Nevada residents may also have certain rights regarding the sale of personal information. Nevada residents may opt out of the future sale of their information to a third party so that they may license or sell information by clicking the following link “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” or by emailing us at: [email protected].
Importantly, these rights are not absolutely guaranteed and there are several exceptions where we may not have an obligation to fulfill your request. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHICH EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY.
Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of anyone from selling your personal information. Company does not sell personal information to third parties, and as such you are already opted-out without any further action required of you.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Under the CCPA, you have the right to (1) request that Company disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal information that Company has collected about you, (2) request that Company delete any personal information that was collected about you, (3) request Company to not sell your personal information. When such a request has been received, the receiving company has 45 days to respond to your request. Categories of personal information included under the CCPA include:
- Identifiers, such as contact details, like your real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name.
- Personal information, as defined in the California Customer Records law, such as your name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as gender or date of birth.
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints and voiceprints.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites, applications, systems and advertisements.
- Geolocation data, such as device location.
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us.
- Education information, such as student records and directory information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
If you have any questions about your rights under the CCPA or If you wish to exercise any of the mentioned rights, please contact us through the information provided below.
Legacy Law Firm, LLC
2020 Front Street, Suite 201
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221
Phone: (330) 529-7070