Give Yourself Peace Of Mind With A Thorough Estate Plan
Estate planning is the process of being proactive and preparing for eventualities or unforeseen circumstances such as death or incapacity. This type of planning offers numerous benefits, even if you don’t have a large estate. An estate plan can ensure you are taken care of throughout your life and will make the process easier, simpler and cheaper for your family when you eventually pass on.
At Legacy Law Firm, LLC, we help you set up your estate planning documents by ensuring your wishes are clear and protected while also making sure your family’s best interests are respected. You will rest easier knowing you and your loved ones will be covered, whatever the future holds.
What Will Your Plan Include?
Consulting with an experienced estate planning lawyer is essential. It will ensure that your final wishes regarding your property, your loved ones and your final arrangements are carried out. Our firm’s founder, Andrew Popp, is one such attorney. He can help you create an estate plan that is thorough, clear and legally sound. Documents and legal instruments in a typical estate plan include:
- Your last will and testament
- One or more trusts
- Designated power of attorney for health care
- Designated power of attorney for finances
- A living will
Not all lawyers are created equal. In difficult times, it is vital to select a lawyer who is well-versed in the law and takes the time to learn about your family’s situation in order to prepare a plan that works for you and accomplishes your goals. When you contact us, you’ll find that we have the experience you need to address all your questions regarding wills trusts and probate, including estate administration.
Additional Considerations When Planning Your Estate
Every family has its own dynamics. Evaluating the details about your family and taking action is especially important in making sure any inheritance goes where you want and will benefit those you name. Some common concerns you may need to consider include:
- What will happen to your estate if you get divorced? Will your ex-spouse or another relative be in charge of your money, or inherit instead of your children?
- Navigating financial aid. Government aid programs have complex rules. An estate planning lawyer can help you take measures to protect the inheritance of a child with special needs while preserving their eligibility for these types of programs.
- Planning for care. What is the medical history of your family? If you require rehabilitation or to stay in an assisted living facility, who can assist you?
- Planning for incapacity or significant assistance. If you have difficulty in managing your affairs resulting from illness or injury, who can step in to help?
- Caring for vulnerable family members. Do you have minor or developmentally disabled children? Who will care for them if you pass away? Have you executed the legal documents to nominate someone to step in?
- Strategic use of trusts. Trusts are not just for the wealthy. They can be created to save money from final expenses and to ensure the inheritance you leave will be distributed in the way you wish.
Our firm can help you with your estate planning now. You will rest easier knowing you will be covered, whatever the future holds. An estate plan can ensure you are taken care of throughout your life, and it will make the estate distribution process easier, simpler and cheaper for your family when you eventually pass on.
Get Started For Free – Reach Out Today
Legacy Law Firm, LLC, serves clients in Cuyahoga Falls and surrounding areas of Ohio. To take advantage of a free initial consultation about your estate planning options, call us at 330-529-7070 or send us an email.