Skilled, Confident Guidance In Matters Of Probate And Trust Administration
Whether you’ve been named as the executor of a loved one’s estate or have been placed in charge of the assets in a trust, you have an important responsibility on your shoulders. Thankfully, you don’t need to handle it on your own.
Instead, contact Legacy Law Firm, LLC, for experienced guidance and sound legal advice. We work with trustees and estate executors as they fulfil their practical, legal and financial duties to honor the wishes of decedents.
Supporting Executors Every Step Of The Way
You were likely chosen as executor because you are trustworthy and responsible. Those traits will serve you well, but you could really use the assistance of a legal professional as you handle tasks such as:
- Collecting and cataloging all assets listed in the will
- Contacting estate creditors and paying final estate debts
- Contacting listed heirs
- Distributing assets to heirs in accordance with the will
- Preparing a final tax return and paying any owed taxes on behalf of the estate
- Making regular court appearances, as needed
When you contact us, we can take care of most of the difficult and complex work on your behalf, leaving you free to focus on supporting friends and family during this trying time.
Trusts Can Be Complex To Administer
Compared to a will, a trust allows for much more precision and control over how and when assets are distributed to beneficiaries. That’s the upside. A potential downside is that trusts need to be administered by a trustee, often after the grantor (the person who created the trust) has passed away.
This is a complex process, and a trustee can potentially be held liable for failing to fulfill their duties to beneficiaries. These duties and obligations may include:
- Managing the assets in the trust
- Filing any necessary tax documents
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries in accordance with the terms of the trust
- Maintaining records of the administrative work performed
- Communicating with beneficiaries to inform them of the work being done and the status of the trust
Thankfully, our firm is here to help. If you’ve been named as a trustee, attorney Andrew Popp is ready to help you meet your obligations and efficiently carry out the terms of the trust. Working with a knowledgeable attorney is one of the best ways to avoid mistakes and any appearance of impropriety (such as breach of fiduciary duty).
Discuss Your Legal Options With An Attorney For Free
From our office in Cuyahoga Falls, Legacy Law Firm, LLC proudly serves clients throughout the surrounding areas of Ohio. We are pleased to offer free initial consultations to all prospective clients. If you have questions or want to learn more about how our firm can help, call us at 330-529-7070 or send us an email.